Thursday, January 2, 2014

Not sure how long it's been...

Sorry for my long absence recently. I've had a lot going on in my life since my last post, not all of it good, and I haven't been painting much in the last few months. I forgot for a while how much better painting made me feel, and I'm glad I'm doing it again.

I have actually finished a lot of things since my last post here. Most of them were done before September, and I never got around to sharing them with you.

First, a couple more portraits from Razia's Shadow. I don't know if you can tell how obsessed I am at this point. :P
Princess Anhura

And Nidria

These were painted after I discovered a new oil brush that I had been experimenting with. The next sort of sketchy thing was the first thing I painted when I was playing around with the brush for the first time. I also did this as sort of a skin tone study.

In this one I was figuring out how the brush worked with RGB level adjustments.

And finally, once I realized the brush worked best when combined with my usual brushes, I painted this girly pink thing.

I wasn't happy with the last version of the redheaded selkie girl, so I did another one.

A concept for futuristic weapons. They materialize and are powered by the bracelets. Don't ask me how they actually work. I didn't think too far into it, but I thought it would look cool. It was also good practice for glowy things.

This is an idea I had FOREVER ago that I never actually worked on but just kind of sketched out. After a disaster on the Earth's surface, people started living underground and managed a way to grow fruit from the remains of the roots of broken tree stumps.

A sketch that I did during class pretty recently that I thought I'd share.

And FINALLY the two paintings that I got done today that reminded me how much better I feel when I'm painting. <3


I hope you all have been well since I've been gone, and that you've had a good New Year's and whatever other winter holiday you happen to celebrate. My resolution this year should definitely be to post on this blog more often. xD

<3 =^.^= <3








1 comment:

  1. Awesome concepts! Can't wait for an update! -Court.

    ReplyDelete